Auto cross-post

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com. What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page. They _do_ say where the material comes from.
In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:20:11 GMT, Gary Woods

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.
I don't consider that a plus.
Penelope

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm not in the U.K, and as we all know, spammers carefully target their mailings. Which doubtless explains all the emails I get in Asian character sets.
Sun and humidity both down, after a nice thumpest went through. Finally comfortable in the Colonies tonight.
Peace,
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:42:01 GMT, Gary Woods

Neither am I, but the smap I'm getting has a gardening-forums.com stamp.
Penelope
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:47:35 UTC, Penelope Periwinkle

Sounds like it's easy enough to filter out then. And in general, there are tools around these days that can reduce your spam/junk load to a very low and tolerable level.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

gardening-forum.com.
Bravo, Penelope. That's how it was brought to my attention. And that crap spreads! Ken
opined:

Crossposting involves the use of two Usenet newsgroups. Gardening -form.com has to be a website, not a newsgroup. The website copies the newsgrouip. What could be simpler?
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on