Auto cross-post

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com. What's up with that?

Reply to
Ken Anderson

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page. They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Gary Woods

Crossposting involves the use of two Usenet newsgroups. Gardening -form.com has to be a website, not a newsgroup. The website copies the newsgrouip. What could be simpler?

Reply to
Stan Goodman

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

I don't consider that a plus.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm not in the U.K, and as we all know, spammers carefully target their mailings. Which doubtless explains all the emails I get in Asian character sets.

Sun and humidity both down, after a nice thumpest went through. Finally comfortable in the Colonies tonight.

Peace,

Gary Woods

gardening-forum.com.

Bravo, Penelope. That's how it was brought to my attention. And that crap spreads! Ken

Reply to
Ken Anderson

Neither am I, but the smap I'm getting has a gardening-forums.com stamp.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Sounds like it's easy enough to filter out then. And in general, there are tools around these days that can reduce your spam/junk load to a very low and tolerable level.

Reply to
Stan Goodman