Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Weeds finally gone
At least for I picked 2 yellow zucchinis and 1 green. Sauteed them with some onion, garlic and oregano. All from the garden. Yummy. Can't wait for some more. Looks lie a couple of more weeks before we...
1
1

Bio-char questions
I often end up with a pile of charcoal from burning brush piles . I'd like to incorporate some of it into the soil in the wife's rose garden and into my food garden . How fine does it need to be ? Are...
5
5

My Garden
is doing pretty well now. We have most of the weeds under control but I need a couple more mornings to finish up. I can get in about 2 hours between 6 and 9 am. Then it is well on its way to 90. The...
6
6

getting there
finally seeing the light at the end of the planting tunnel. two more gardens to go and i'll be done. the two that are left are outside of the fenced area so they are always left until last. we've had...
5
5

Can I sky water tiny zukes
Hi All, My zukes still have heir initial leaves. How long can I sky water them before I risk powder mildew? Many thanks, -T
7
7

Did you know
That everything posted here shows up on At least they do attribute the posts to r.g.e and the original author . I did a web search a little while ago on "mattie beane beans" and was very surprised to...
16
16

can I separate my zuke sprouts in their cups?
Hi All, I planted zuke seeds in these cute little 3" peat moss cups. Three per cup. Not all the cups have sprouted (I know, PATIENCE!). When I go to plant them in my garden, can I separate the...
22
22

Birds and Cherries
I love birds. So much that I don't mind sharing some of my cherries. I also love cherries, and don't want the dang pesky birds pecking a hole in each and every one the day before it gets good and...
3
3

most of the wormies are free
hard to believe it's been five years since i started this project of recharging garden soil using worms, veggie scraps and about anything else i can put in there to see how it breaks down through...
4
4

Unidentified pests on my strawberries !
Hi, I have just joined the forum and have a problem with white pests which are covering the strawberry plants in my polytunnel. I don't know if they are white fly. Can anyone please help? Also, what...
7
7

Picking
Yesterday afternoon I found another giant zucchini hiding in the garden. After chasing it down and executing it I washed it and cut both ends off and sliced it down the middle. Very small seeds, took...
1
1

odds and ends
planted the green and red peppers yesterday and put six buckets of worms and worm castings under them. usually i don't put any extra food down for pepper plants in rotation because they've always done...

potential tomato problems?
Hi all, i'm a completely novice tomato grower and this year have tried growing ailsa craig and black russian. Ive recently potted them outside into large pots but ive noticed that the leaves have...
2
2

Tomatillo leaf problem ?
It may not be an issue but I have noticed one of my 4 tomatillo plants which are currently on my windowsill indoors has developed bumps on some of the leaves. All new leaves seem ok. I am thinking I...

In the garden
Picked five more zukes this morning, one of which was huge, had another huge one on the counter so I shredded both. Ended up with eight cups of shredded zucchini in vacuum bags. Good for zucchini...