Wall paper paste?

I have some vinyl wall paper from B&Q. it doesn't look any heavier than normal vinyl but the label says to use ready mixed paste, is this really necessary as I have a load of solvite heavy duty all purpose paste if I mix it for embossed paper will this be ok?
"nobby" wrote:

I don't think it will make any difference if you mix your own paste.

Just DON'T tell the wallpaper!!
HTH
John

Be careful!! We have had the "Wall Paper Police" checking around here in the last week!!! Baz

So any neighbours flouting the rules will have come a bit unstuck...
--
Martin