Switch Plate Wall Spacers

Hi
We've started to replace the standard switches in our house with flat plate brass toggles. Sadly, the standard plaster depth back boxes aren't quite deep enough. The electrician we called in had some shallow (5mm) switch box spacers in his van that he had left over from fitting some dimmer switches - they just allow the brass plate to sit slightly proud of the wall, so he was able to fit 6 switches. He doesn't have any more so things have come to halt until I get this glitch sorted.
I've called a couple of wholesalers and taken a look on the web and I've had no luck finding anything like them - I've read a that a did just the hing - the MK2134WHI - but seems that isn't available now.
Any thoughts before I start chopping the boxes back?!
Thanks
Steve
"newsonline" wrote:

Well, 5mm is roughly the thickness of hardboard which you may be able to cut with a jigsaw to make some spacers.

cut
That's certainly a thought if all else fails. Thanks for the suggestion Handy
Steve

You can get 1 gang and 2 gang 10mm spacers from CPC
Part Number for 1 gang - PL08924 @ 39p each 2 gang - PL08925 @ 53p each
All + VAT & carriage.