Stone Work Sealing Mortar

Hello;

I am attempting to carry out a loft conversion in a terraced house, one problem is that in the attic the wall ajoining the other property is an old stone and mortar construction with a brick chimney in the middle, the chimney bricks are covered with cement.

Rather than cover the wall with plasterboard I would like to keep it as a feature however the house is 1920`s and the stone and mortar in places is rather crumbly when touched.

I need to seal it, I thought about a PVA Water mix, but that`s just me thinking out loud.

Regards

Bill Harvey

Reply to
Bill H

What you want is stabilising solution. Make sure it is the dry clear stuff. eg

Regards Gary

Reply to
G Cadman