Springs for lock

My back door the spring has broke so have to lift the handle to shut/lock the door, I tried about a year ago to get a replacement spring to no avail. Thought I would try again, can anyone point me in the right direction. A picture of the lock and spring at the link below in case it helps.
http://i18.tinypic.com/29dfdrn.jpg
thanks
"S S" wrote:

That looks like a box latch long case mortise lock: <http://www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproductT9
Worth checking at a traditional hardware/ironmongers/tools shop in case they have a selection of springs and can find one that matches. Otherwise it means a new lock of similar dimensions to the old one.
S S wrote:

Try springmasters (google) and see if they have anything similar that will work or can be modified to work. Otherwise it would be worth getting a vice, some suitable wire and having a stab at it yourself (this would be the most satisfying if it worked).