Sprayable fence stuff with pressure sprayer - anyone used the normal stuff?

I note that the sprayable stuff costs about double that of the normal brushable stuff.
To be honest, it just looks like a runnier, watered-down version.
Anyone tried watering down the normal stuff and sticking that in your pressure sprayer?

No, but I always used to spray the spirit based stuff with a garden sprayer.
Mike

Spirit based stuff? Whats that?
I thought it was all water soluble stuff.

Spirit based stuff? Whats that?
Cuprinol that you have to thin/clean up with white spirits.
Mike

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 03:55:52 -0700 (PDT), paulfoel

Give it a try. Water some down and see how it works, or not.
What's the worst that can happen? The sprayer gets blocked and you have to clean it out. Hardly a disaster, is it?
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:51:49 +0100, Bruce wrote:

(£2 from B&Q). It worked just as well as the "designer" packaged stuff.

Me too.
Thought I might try creosote next: somehow, *nothing* seems so effective as creosote (it's probably an illusion that was hardwired into my infant brain).
John
[1] Well: creosote substitute[2] [2] ...which seems to me to be exactly the same as the original, only a lot more expensive.