Small air valve

Anyone know where I might get a small one way air valve about the size of a hearing aid battery? It's to go into the hole in my strimmer fuel tank cap , which has fallen out and got lost. The caps are no longer available and I haven't managed to find a replacement. Can't believe that there are so man y different caps. Why would they have to make these different? And not one of them, that I know of, will fit mine!
Once upon a time on usenet cryptogram wrote:

A suggestion out of left field;
Maybe a one-way valve for an aquarium air pump can be modified for use? A good pet shop will have a couple different types.
Good luck.
--
Shaun.

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 1:21:17 AM UTC+1, ~misfit~ wrote:

Thanks Shaun. This is certainly an idea. For now, though, I've cut a disc of gasket cork and put it in the filler cap. It lets in air and stops the fuel getting out (most of, anyway).
Once upon a time on usenet cryptogram wrote:

I'm pleased to hear it. :)
--
Shaun.