Shower door runner broken

Hi,

I have the same problem with a door runner for a quadrant shower door. No manufacturer is evident from the booklets I have been left. If anyone could identify the manufacturer or suggest a source for the part I would be very grateful.
I have photographed the enclosure and door runner and uploaded them to the following web address:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/benrees/shower.htm
Thanks,
Ben
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Any chance of "simply" making some of your own?
Faced with something similar, I made a mould around it (with modelling clay, plasticene) and then used the mould to cast a part in candle wax. Then added and shaped extra wax on to the cast part to make a complete part. Then redid the mould around the wax "part" and cast a new part using a mixture of car body filler and a bent paper-clip for strength. It took about an hour to do and cost virtually nothing.
It was a bit tedious so I cast several and now all the sliders are home-made and have lasted longer than the originals...
Well, this is uk "diy"...
Works with all sorts of things - even replacing coat buttons and fridge door handles.
--
Sue

Nice one Sue. Or simply superglueing the old one back together?
TonyB
TonyB wrote:

Yep, that can work well.
I sometimes heat a needle with a match and melt little holes through the thing after gluing it back together - and then superglue bits of pins into the holes as re-inforcement. That can be stronger than the original.
You can also get this magic plastic that goes soft and mouldable in hot water. There are people on ebay that sell it. But not ideal for a bathroom, if other people like showers as hot as I do...
Another idea is the plastic candles intended for repairing ski bases - you light (or just heat) the end and it gives you a stream of molten plastic (clear or black). Great if you have something plastic with scores, cuts or grooves in it (well, like a ski base, I suppose...LOL) that you want to repair and make as smooth as new.
--
Sue

Polymorph, which you can also get from Maplin.
--

Cheers

Derryck

:-)) I've got some of that! It was invented by a medical company I used to work for and it was/is used for setting broken noses. Pop it in hot water til soft, wait until it is cool enough to touch and mould around the nose. I should probably mention that the patient was anaethetised at the time. It's great stuff for other uses though and I'm glad to hear one can buy it again as my stock is low and it's very expensive from medical companies! TonyB
Hi all,
Thanks for your help on this. I'm using Araldite at the moment to try and repair the broken part.
If this fails I will try moulding some of my own. Sounds interesting!
Thanks again,
Ben