Sealing a Water Feature

I'm going to make a small water feature consisting of a "pond" (about 60 cm square and 30 cm deep) with a fountain (well, more of a dribble, so as not to blow over the edges).
I already have a concrete base, and brick wall on two sides, was going to build short brick walls on the other two sides.
What should I seal the bricks and cement with to prevent the water soaking in? I'm concerned by the loss of water, and the wet bricks being frozen and consequently damaged in the winter.
As always, thanks in advance to the people on this group.

I take it you are not intending to have the water running during freezing weather. Anyway, does it matter if it gets wet and freezes? Most houses and outside garden walls get wet in freezing weather and no harm comes to them if the bricks are OK.
Rob Graham
Hi
I`ve recently built a large "water feature" in the same manner. A 5000 gallon brick/cement render pond and the best stuff to seal it with is a specalist pond sealing liquid called V8 or G4 (personnaly i used G4).
Its basically a liquid that you paint onto the render (three coats minimum) when dry. It forms a plastic type layer over the render making it waterproof. Its not cheap though and only avaliable from half decent Aquatic places, although large garden centre`s may stock smaller size tubs.
Be aware though, it takes 48 hours to dry and now is probably not the best time of year to do it.
Hope that helps
Richard

cm
and