screw fit sockets source ?

Hi, We see as many screw fit 100W, 60W etc bulbs as bayonet ones on the shelves in B&Q, Tescos etc, yet I am trying to find a screw fit socket to replace a broken bayonet type 'pendant' one to go on the end of the flex hanging from the shed roof, and cannot get one anywhere !
Anyone know of a source, and why the UK has been denied screw sockets for sale ?
Steve

Not a lot of choice but:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLBPHslashES.html
or use an adaptor
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/Lamp_Adaptors/index.html
Peter
Peter, Crazy situation really isnt it, but many thanks for the link, I shall get one or the other. Most grateful to you indeed :-) Steve

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/Lamp_Adaptors/index.html
Steve wrote:

not had a look but Ikea sell table lamps that take screw lamps perhaps they might have some out of curiosity why did you want one?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

If you do change your bayonet (BC) for an edison screw (ES) you need to make sure that the centre contact of the replacment lampholder is connected to live and that the screw part is connected to neutral.
try here http://www.s-lilley.co.uk/site/brassframe.htm you can order via your local electrical wholesaler (CEF, Edmundson's Newey & Eyre Etc)
Fads