screw fit sockets source ?

Hi, We see as many screw fit 100W, 60W etc bulbs as bayonet ones on the shelves in B&Q, Tescos etc, yet I am trying to find a screw fit socket to replace a broken bayonet type 'pendant' one to go on the end of the flex hanging from the shed roof, and cannot get one anywhere !

Anyone know of a source, and why the UK has been denied screw sockets for sale ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Not a lot of choice but:

or use an adaptor

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Steve

not had a look but Ikea sell table lamps that take screw lamps perhaps they might have some out of curiosity why did you want one?

Reply to
Kevin

If you do change your bayonet (BC) for an edison screw (ES) you need to make sure that the centre contact of the replacment lampholder is connected to live and that the screw part is connected to neutral.

try here

you can order via your local electrical wholesaler (CEF, Edmundson's Newey & Eyre Etc)

Fads

Reply to
fads