Saving ?100's

Hi folks

I know this isn't really the place for this but I couldn't really see a place for it and I thought it takes a DIY mind to work this one out.

My pension is paid into my bank account on the last working day each month. On the 1st (next) working day my mortgage is paid and the day after the bank (the same bank) credit my mortgage with the payment adding at least 1 day's extra interest in the process. In the case of my February payment my pension will go into my account on 30th January and sit there gaining 0.0.. whatever % interest on the 30/1/8, 31/1/8 & 1/1/9 it'll leave my account on 2/1/9 and credited to my mortgage on 3/1/9.

If my mortgage was to be paid on the last working day each month then in February I'd save the potential of 3 days interest (assuming you don't get interest on the day you pay it in), which in my case would be around ?30 for February alone.

The bank say's it cannot take the mortgage out on the last day (the same day my pension is paid in) I'd have to set the payment date for 28th of each month. I'm with the Halifax and just wondered if anyone else could help share there wisdom on this one. In the year I've the potential saving of at least ?100 ..probably a lot more.

Ash

Reply to
Ash

I cannot work out why you've posted this in this NG. Why not use a finance group like uk.finance, where you might get a more reasoned answer? It's like taking your car to the doctor to get it put right. The doctor may be a very good mechanic, but it's likely that there are plenty better.

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

Actually my doctor is a good friend and car enthusiast with a nice OBDII diagnostic kit which has saved me loads in the years I've known him. He's not an expert mechanic but he's a wealth of knowledge as to where to look and who to ask ... which is why I posted here ...sorry.

Thanks for pointing me towards uk.finance I'll give it a whirl

What I'm after is good common sense not some clever no-it-all financial wizard who at the end of the day will try and sell me a useless life insurance policy to cover me in the case of been knocked down by a one eyed elephant whilst riding a bicycle on a Thursday afternoon during the second week of April.

I can't really say that in all my years I've found anyone who is connected to the financial sector who has given me good financial advice ... the best advice has always been from those who have investigated and experienced it themselves. Having now been stuffed by AVC's, Endowment Mortgage and a fixed rate mortgages with high insurance premiums attached (now illegal thankfully), etc etc

Ash

Reply to
Ash