Roomstat ?

I am about to fit a roomstat.
is there any recommend height on the wall that these should be fitted please.
Google search proved negative
--
the_constructor

feet). If you fit it about 5' 6" (1.7metres) it should be OK because it's really not critical. If you've got an explanatory leaflet with your roomstat the correct height should be given there as well as advice about avoiding proximity to such heat sources as radiators, direct sunlight etc.
Cic.

feet). If you fit it about 5' 6" (1.7metres) it should be OK because it's really not critical. If you've got an explanatory leaflet with your roomstat the correct height should be given there as well as advice about avoiding proximity to such heat sources as radiators, direct sunlight etc.
Cic.
As Cicero says, somewhere between 5 and 6 feet. Its not a big deal! More important is that little hands cannot fiddle with it and location in terms of the room layout.
For best control options you should have the thermostat in a cooler are of the house and not too near a radiator. My thermostat is in the hall which is next to the kitchen. The hall is well insulated, (second front door on a storm porch, no other external walls etc). Thus the hall is a warmer room than the rest of the house and we have to turn the stat well up sometimes to get the north facing lounge with large window comfortable.
HTH. Bill.