Roof Cleaning

Hello, a friend suggested i get my roof cleaned as it's looking a bit grubby. Does anyone have an opinion on this?ie; is it a good idea?,will it add any value to the property?does anyone know how much it costs?. Thanks for any feedback.Regards

I don't think you're going to get much help unless you tell people a bit more information:
ie: My roof is flat/pitched/etc and made of thatch/slate/concrete tile/corrugated iron/asbestos sheet/etc and by grubby I mean..
;-)
Sloping with red tiles. When i say grubby,i mean there's a bit of Moss gathered on it in it's 40 years.The colour of the tiles has also been washed out over the years. Some of my neighbours have had new roofs,but mine is solid so i'm not going down that road for cosmetic reasons.Regards.

it

"Graham FM" wrote:

I would leave well alone. If the moss was excessive and causing blocked gutters and downpipes that needed frequent unblocking then it MIGHT be worth doing something about it. The problem would be finding a reputable firm that wouldn't rip you off or damage your roof.
"DIY" <secret> wrote in message

Fellow near us had his roof pressure washed. He had Marley type concrete tiles and the pressure washing removed much of the coloured coating from them with the consequence that his roof now has a Mediterranean "sun-bleached appearance totally out of kilter with his neighbours roofs. I don't know if there has been any effect on the impermeability of the tiles or of their ability to shed water but it looks a real pig's ear to me.
"Graham FM" wrote:

http://www.brintonproducts.co.uk/