Richard Burbidge Fusion stair parts - thoughts?

Spotted this stuff in the screwfix catalogue and wondered if anyone had actually seen it for real or even installed any of it?
http://www.richardburbidge.com/stair-balustrade/contemporary/fusion
Want a bit of a contemporary look to replace the traditional painted spindles we have, but I can't make my mind up whether this looks modern/elegant or like an overpriced meccano set!
Midge.
On 13/01/2010 23:00, Midge wrote:

Hm, interesting, thanks.