rehanging large radiator

So I said to the guys about to skim over the artex.You can see I have taken the radiator and brackets off.. . can you save the position of the holes by shoving a matchstick in them.Of course it was Na mate we forgot ! This radiator is about 6ft long so quite heavy and has three brackets. Any tips on how to rehang without drilling umpteen holes in a trial and error attempt to get it right? Tks

Reply to
Capt T

Wave a stud-finder to locate the plasterboard fixings - they will be in the centre line of the studs.

Aren't there any marks to show where the brackets were in relation to the rad (eg scratches on the back of the rad)? If so, offer up the rad to the wall and the existing pipes and see where the brackets used to be on the wall.

Locate one stud and use the stud seperation distance to estimate where the others are.

Reply to
Palindrome

In article , Capt T writes

As Sue suggests you should be able to get within an inch or two by measuring from the existing pipe positions. Chose the most unobtrusive location (middle bottom?) and scrape the skim coat off until you find the hole. If you're lucky you'll only have scraped off a square inch or so by

3mm deep which you can fill easily. Use that hole as a new, corrected reference and you should be able to estimate the others more accurately, doing the final find by scraping again. Smooth filling will be easy and it will be behind the rad anyway.

I'm assuming you have a brick or block wall, not stud.

Good luck.

Reply to
fred