radiator move and valve fitting cost

hello all
I wonder if any of the group could off some advice and pricing for moving a radiator about 6 to 10inchs along a wall and also how much is involved in replacing the valves as some of them are to be honest ugly and old. Just wondering about what sort of costs involved
thanks and best wishes

"Urban Legend" wrote:

At a guess I would estimate between 200 and 400 GBP for materials, labour and VAT assuming this will take half a day. Regarding the rad to be moved, if the pipes need to be altered under the floor then one or two floorboards will have to come up, but it may be possible to alter the supply and return pipes above floor level. But if this rad is on the ground floor, and the floor is concrete, and you want the pipes altered in the concrete, then that will push the cost up a lot. Regarding replacing all the valves, 15mm TRVs and lock shield valves are about 12 GBP a pair, so if you need 8 sets then that's 100GBP for starters.

moving
floorboards
return
that
200 and 400 quid to move a radiator 6 inches? Who are you using??!!!! We had a very old radiator replaced with a nice new one half the size which meant cutting new holes in the floorboards new fixtures etc. Radiator cost us 60quid new and the same for labour - only took an hour and a quarter...... By the way I live within 20miles of London.

Park lane?

Mew thinks that you forgot to add a few decimal points....! -- the_constructor

At a guess for a DIYer and this is a DIY group. Try 10 per TRV, 2.50 for lock shield valves. 3 for the copper pipe plus 10 for inhibitor. All DIYers own the tools needed so total DIY cost 30. The labour is the DIYers and so free.
Adam

Thanks to all who posted. I might have a bash as doing this myself..
-- regards