Quote for new roof

I need a new roof on a 2 bedroom terraced house. I have requested quotes but waiting on replies. Anyone give me an idea (approx) on what to expect, from what I can gather its just the tiles all the wood is sound,the quotes will also include guttering. House in central scotland.

The quote should include: - Scaffolding Lath's Vapour barrier underlay type of slate or tile New lead work to abutments, valleys and chimneys Type of fixings Waste disposal Labour
Fair comment, not sure at this stage what is required only that it is tiles + guttering, 3 builders been out to view it but waiting on quotes comeing in. I dont think Laths/lead or much else needing done but I presume will need scaffolding, they did mention it would take approx 3 days to do.

S wrote:

S,
The list above is absolutely the 'bare'minimum requirements to include for a quote.
If the tiles/slates are that bad that they need renewal, then the underfelt and battens will need renewal also.
When you do that, then any leadwork will also require renewal - and chimneys need repointing if the compo is loose, flaking or missing.
My advice after being in the house maintenance 'trade' for over 40 years:
Do the job in its entirety at this stage for cost saving, longevity and peace of mind.
Brian G

Thanks Brian I will check the quotes when they come and make sure all areas are covered.