Quartz Heaters (slightly o/t)

Couldn't find any other newsgroup where I may get an answer and just thought someone in here may have some knowledge about this.

Small village hall about 5 metres wide just been fitted with 6 x 1.5kw quartz heaters (NLQH15), three down each side. Instructions say minimum of

3.5 metres adjacent distance and three have been fitted in a space of 4.5 metres and just under the minimum height of 2.1 metres. This gives each heater a throw of 2.9m and spread of 2.4m. What worries us a little is that some spots will be getting a double or triple cover and it says not to get too close to skin or eyes but gives no indication of what is close. There is no glass cover or even a metal guard which looks a little dangerous as the quartz element is supposed to be quite fragile. I have googled without success for any legal or safety requirements. We are going to get some wire guards though we think the kids will have to be banned from using party poppers and balloons etc.

TIA Mike

Reply to
Mike