protecting table legs in the wet

I have a hardwood folding garden table. Where it stands is often a bit wet, which means the wood at the end of the legs is likely to start rotting.
What would be the best way of fixing something to the end of the legs to protect them from the wet or the best way to seal them. thanks.

Someone will probably have a better solution, but we had a tin of waterproofing (I forget which) and we stood each leg in the tin in turn for a day to make sure the wood was really saturated. This can be repeated yearly.
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

writes

bit wet,

rotting.
legs to

turn
And once treated, fix a metal stand off to the bottom of each leg to hold it up 1/2" - they used to be called 'domes of silence' but haven't seen them recently. A thick pressed dome with four small spikes to fix into the wood.
AWEM
writes

thanks.
Here you go:
http://www.fisco-fasteners.co.uk/UphGlides.htm
The nylon ones are probably best for outside
AWEM
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:19:41 GMT, "torge conrad maguar"

Small wellies .2 pairs should do .
lol
Stuart B wrote:

Rub candle wax into the bottom of the legs (on a dry day)
Stuart B wrote:

And VAT free if you buy the children's sizes. You would need the tie-top ones to stop the rain running down the legs.
Otherwise dip the legs in Plastidip, a tough dippable or brushable plastic, search for it on www.frost.co.uk (you want the coating not the spray).
Owain

wet,
Stand them in plastic pint glasses (from the beer stand at your local farm show, or whatever) if it's only a temporary situation.
s.
someone wrote:

And when they fill up with water...
Um?

Hit the plastic pint glasses with a hot-air stripper gun to make a more permanent solution?
--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland
torge conrad maguar wrote:

Not sure how deep the water is that the table has to stand in, but if it's just a few mm, after Klara's suggestion, pilot & screw 3 brass screws in the bottom of each leg but don't sink them in all the way.
The wood will be treated, the legs will be off the floor.
Vj