Positioning of boiler flue

I am thinking of having a new boiler fitted, in a new position, within my home.
I am in an end-of-terrace and I would like have it fitted to this outside wall. However, there is a public footpath running directly alongside this wall. I have tried to find if there are any regulation on the positioning of boiler flues in relation to public footpaths but can't find anything - can anyone advise on this?
I am aware that if a flue is below, I think, 2m it must have a "cage" covering it to stop anyone being burnt by touching the flue.
Thanks for any advice.