Pop Up Rod Linkage

Just purchased a new mixer tap for a new basin, it has a pop up waste kit with it, however reading the instructions for the tap it states i will need a Pop up rod linkage kit, so i popped into the local diy place yesterday and they didnt have a clue what i was going on about...(may have been weekend students working etc), so can anyone tell me where i can get a Pop up rod linkage kit from?
thanks
-- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com <<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

The pop-up rod arrangement is so that you can press a button on the tap head to make the plug pop up. I would have thought the whole deal would have come as one if your tap set is meant for a pop-up plug, but I have seen the plug arrangement available separately. You may have to use a manual plug and pull it out by the chain, but I'm surprised the thing didn't come as one, especially since different types of pop-up are available, and you'll have to get one which is compatible with your taps. Some work by a rod, some by cable.
Best to go to the place you got the taps and tell them you want it to match up or they can have the taps back.
Steve

need
and
I hope you do better than the set-up I was complaining about over on uk.d-i-y in the last week (Single point washbasin taps). And that the instructions for setting the various link and screw lengths are clear. We never could hold water in either the wash or bidet basin.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

AFAICR, that all comes as part of the pop-up waste.
--
Andrew Gabriel