Plumbinb Advice

Hi,
Recently moved house and the waste bit for our washing machine doesnt fit the tube for the waste disposal unit. The grey tube coming off the washing machine is way too thin and small for it.
At our previous house there seemed to be some form of adapter that came off the unit, and norrowed so the tubing could fit.
Has anyone any ideas what this adapter is called? I've tried B & Q and nothing seemed to be similar.
Thanks for any help, and sorry about the crap description ;o)
To give someone an idea it would be similar to the samller thin bit in this http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/430-465

dont know if u have a wickes, they had the best adapters n widgits. b n q were crap.
gjb wrote:

Did the waste hose go into a trap like this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 1958&ts1111&id640 or did it connect under the sink to one of these http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 1958&ts1184&id180?
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman