Plastic pipe repair

Hi all,
Hoping somebody can help - I've got a small hole in a plastic downpipe, is there any product that can be used to seal this up ?
Many thanks,

Silicone bath sealant.
Rob Graham
     snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

What sort of pipe? If it's PVC, you could solvent weld a PVC patch on. Might even be able to solvent weld a suitable shaped piece of PVC into the hole.
--
Andrew Gabriel
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The first question is, "What caused the hole?". The second is, "Is it growing?"
If what made the hole is still present (eg rubbing against something) and/or the hole is still growing (eg there is stress present that is pulling the hole further open) - then those problems have to be dealt with before the hole can be filled successfully.
Once those problems are removed, practically anything can be used to fill the hole. There won't be any forces acting on the filler attempting to reproduce the hole.
Personally, I tend to prefer to fix a small piece of the same material, slightly larger than the hole,glued over the site - using adhesive suitable for that material. Following the instructions that come with the adhesive. If the material is suitable "Solvent Weld" works a treat with plastic.
-- Sue

Thanks for the replies all - I've got suspicions that the crack occurred roundabout the time that I had satellite fitted, it's not growing and leaking a small amount of water. I've tried the bath sealant idea above, just letting it dry before testing :)
Cheers all,