Planing work surface

Another question.... I have a piece of woktop that I want to use. one of the side edges is off the square , would be best to `true` this edge using an electric planer or is there a better method.
thanks --

chair with one leg shorter than the other and ending up with a stool.
Better to use a router with a guide on the worktop to keep the router in a straight line.
If the correction is quite small a belt sander might suffice but they do require control to get a decent edge.
Ok thanks