paint stripper

We are replacing the old stair bannister etc with new newll posts and spindles. I've removed the old paint using a blow lamp, question is......would it be beneficial to use liquid paint stripper in addition to remove any residual paint. Thanks knowledgables..... Eric

Abserluterly, that is the way to do it, many layers of gloves (nitrile or polythene), paint on Nitromors Master Craftsmans*, leave for 5mins & remove residue with medium wire wool dipped in more Nitromors. Clean up with white spirit again on wire wool.
*Yellow tin 25quid/5l, it's liquid rather than wallpaper paste consistency so more bang per buck.
--
fred