paint on next door's double glazing!

OOPS!

Painting my wooden window frames last week and gloss was dripping everywhere. "No problem" I thought at the time, I can scrape it off the glass with a blade. This worked for my windows, but when I was standing baclk to admire my work, I noticed that some paint had splattered onto our neighbour's window...

They hve double glazing and I suspect it has some kin of film or coating on it as the glass doesn't look quit as clear as my old fashioned single glazed panes.

Any idea what I shpuld remove it with? Fortunately they are away at the moment so I have a little bi of time to spare to get the best solution. Not sure if I should be putting a blade to them!

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Paul Douglas

"Paul Douglas" wrote;

Could be self-cleaning glass, which has what looks like a film and also a slight blue tinge. If so, scraping will wreck it. The only non-scraping solution I can think of is paint stripper but I don't know whether that will damage the film.

Reply to
Codswallop

Good luck :-)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

To test for self-cleaning glass, throw a cup of water over it and compare same with ordinary glass. If self-cleaning the water runs off differently, like a complete sheet, and doesn't leave droplets as with ordinary glass. I don't know whether the self-cleaning process applies to dried on paint.

Reply to
Codswallop

Thanks for the help people...

I don't think it is self-cleaning because the lady who had it installed (now moved out) used to have a window cleaner round.... unless that was an excuse!!!

Reply to
Paul Douglas