old porous brickwork

Morning to all
Any suggestions for an effective product in the UK to help seal porous old bricks in a terraced house 1904... I have done the Rentokill thing for rising damp, now there's still the problem of the actual bricks. I dont want to have any rendering etc, just something transparent that ca be painted on.
Any suggestions or warnings or advice will be much appreciated.
Pat

If 100 year old bricks were significantly porous, they would have disintegrated 80 years ago. Perhaps you can describe the problem in more detail, as I doubt you have made a correct diagnosis.
--
Andrew Gabriel

pat wrote:

Thompson's do a couple of well-know water sealing products:
http://www.toughproducts.co.uk /
Sometimes it can be the mortar bed joints and not necessarily the brick itself. Do bear in mind also that an externally applied treatment is not a permanent solution, and at some time you'll find yourself back out there, re-applying a subsequent coat.
In the longer term, as you re-decorate each room you could look at doing something more permanent on the inside, which (assuming you have a solid brick wall) would also help to insulate the property.
"pat" wrote:

Thompsons Water Seal. Brush or spray on, straightforward.
DIY wrote:

I've used that for an identical problem on a house of a similar age. IIRC you have to repeat the treatment every three or so years but it's not hugely expensive.
--
Malc