No hot water

Hi can't get a plumber at the moment, so does anyone have any suggestions. When my timer/control is on hot water and heating there is no problem but if I try to put it on hot water only I get nothing. Can any one help me narrow the problem down. Is it the controler or a valve or something completely different?

Thanks.

Reply to
Charles Bridge

What sort of system do you have?

ARWadsworth

Hi looking at those diagrams it is an s type system with 2 valves allowing the choice of hot water and heating or hot water only.

Reply to
Charles Bridge

Then the microwitch on the hot water valve is not activating. Try to manually move the valve across and see if the boiler fires up.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Also it may just be a loose connection on the microswitch wires inside the wiring centre.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hi looking at the valve I couldn't move it across as the lever was hanging off, it doesn't look good! But I will also check the wiring.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bridge