No hot water

Hi can't get a plumber at the moment, so does anyone have any suggestions. When my timer/control is on hot water and heating there is no problem but if I try to put it on hot water only I get nothing. Can any one help me narrow the problem down. Is it the controler or a valve or something completely different?
Thanks.

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm Adam
Hi looking at those diagrams it is an s type system with 2 valves allowing the choice of hot water and heating or hot water only.

Then the microwitch on the hot water valve is not activating. Try to manually move the valve across and see if the boiler fires up.
Adam

Also it may just be a loose connection on the microswitch wires inside the wiring centre.
Adam
Hi looking at the valve I couldn't move it across as the lever was hanging off, it doesn't look good! But I will also check the wiring.
Thanks
Charles

Looks like a new 2 port valve then.
Adam