No heat upstairs ,Cannot locate CH pump, what next.

I'm having trouble getting the upstairs radiators warm, the downstairs ones are fine. I've bled the upstairs radiators but this hasn't made any difference..
I suspect that the pump may be the problem. Unfortunatly I cannot locate the pump, the boiler (Ideal Mexico ) is located in a cupboard in the kitchen, but I dunno where the pump is, I can hear a clicky sound from under the floor close to the boiler,under the kitchen cupboards/worksurface etc. maybe its there.
Anyhows the kitchen was modenised just before we moved in, about 4 years ago and the floor is covered with nice stone tiles, so removing the floorboards to locate the pump is really not an option.I would have to totally remove the cupboards and worksurface also.
Can I add a second pump to the system somewhere to boost the water upstairs and around the cold radiators. If so can someone suggest a pump and where I should place it..
Ofcourse the problem could be something else , but I cannot think of anything else it might be .
Many thanks from a gratefully novice.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
.. Tony
Have you checked the ball valve on the expansion tank in the loft?
| I'm having trouble getting the upstairs radiators warm, the downstairs | ones are fine. I've bled the upstairs radiators but this hasn't made | any difference.. | | I suspect that the pump may be the problem. Unfortunatly I cannot | locate the pump, the boiler (Ideal Mexico ) is located in a cupboard | in the kitchen, but I dunno where the pump is, I can hear a clicky | sound from under the floor close to the boiler,under the kitchen | cupboards/worksurface etc. maybe its there. | | Anyhows the kitchen was modenised just before we moved in, about 4 | years ago and the floor is covered with nice stone tiles, so removing | the floorboards to locate the pump is really not an option.I would | have to totally remove the cupboards and worksurface also. | | Can I add a second pump to the system somewhere to boost the water | upstairs and around the cold radiators. If so can someone suggest a | pump and where I should place it.. | | Ofcourse the problem could be something else , but I cannot think of | anything else it might be . | | | Many thanks from a gratefully novice. | | Any suggestions gratefully received. | | | .. Tony

Just to "expand" on that..... If the expansion tank is empty it will have an effect on your heating. A common problem.
However, if you're getting heat downstairs not up it would suggest a pump problem to me.
Al

downstairs would be hot if the pump was knackered.
If I am right in assuming that most installations have the main feed pipes running under the floorboards upstairs and separate pipes drop down to the radiators downstairs as well as the ones upstairs. I would feel if the pump was not working then the hot rising effect would mean hot rads upstairs and cold downstairs.
Can somebody explain please.
Firstly I an NOT a plumber!
I once couldn't find my heating pump, until I eventually located it tucked away inside the boiler casing!!
Try closing all downstairs radiators, running the system and bleeding upstairs radiators again. Perhaps there is some air blocking pipes to upstairs radiators, causing water to flow only downstairs??