New rad not heating.

Am in the middle of re-newing kitchen. Took out long single panel rad & replaced with shorter double to gain more wall space. Switch heating on to check & new rad is only one which doesn't heat.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Cheers

Andy.

Reply to
handy-andy

I presume you have bled the rad adter 2 minutes of CH on?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I drained the whole system down before changing radiators. After changing rad I refilled system & bled with heating off. When new rad didn't heat I bled it with system running but got only water & no air. I suspect that it might be the lockshield but I don't know which direction to turn it in or how far to turn it.

Andy.

Reply to
handy-andy

It's a normal tap. Clockwise closes it, anti-clockwise opens it.

Leave it wide open and see if it causes any other rad to be cool.

Reply to
EricP

Marked it with a felt pen & turned it two turns acw & it now works a treat. Thanks guys.

Andy.

Reply to
handy-andy