Neon locators and low energy lightbulbs

Doing my bit for the environment, I fitted Phillips low energy light bulbs on the hall and landing the other day.

Middle of the night and we're woken by regular flashes of light a bit like an alarm strobe - but turns out to be the landing bulb flashing very briefly once a second.

Doesn't always do it - and the hall is the same. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.

Both light switches have an MK neon locator plate on them (see link) so the neon is in series with the bulb when the light is off - and it must be that there is just enough current flowing to trigger the starter on such bulbs or something.

Wondered if anyone else had hit this problem? If I can't resolve it, I have some photo-luminescent stick on plastic with a long afterglow so might use that.....

Midge

Reply to
Midge

A known problem with some Philips lamps, change for a newer one and return to your supplier for replacement.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews