Leave the loft hatch open.

It will allow the hot air to rising into the attic
zaax wrote:

Top tip, I did this by accident/laziness and it got rid of lots of excess heat :-)
!!!DON'T!!!
Most attics/lofts have exposed roof-insulation and dust from this rock-wool all over the place, and IIRC the stuff is seriously injurious to health!
Always put on a dust mask before opening the hatch!

Java Jive wrote:

Arrgh!!
/me closes it again quick...
Will it be open again by the next post?
lol cough cough itch
Vj

Java Jive wrote:

And the spiders to come down.
Mike

And the cats will explore the loft. They can get up there but not back down.
Adam

If you move (or stow) the ladder that problem should not happen, unless your cat can use a pogo stick!
John
ARWadsworth wrote:

the only play that trick on you so they can get a free lift down & leaving them up there longer means more spiders eaten. My brothers cat goes up and down there like a yo-yo. The steps are wooden though

Our cat has had a severe fascination with our loft since last year when I fitted a new hatch and ladder. If I so much as pick up the hook she will be stood underneath the hatch wailing to be let up there and if I pull the ladder down she will fight me to the death to be first to climb up. I let her up there the first time as I hoped it would cure her fascination - how wrong I was ! It turned out that she could squeeze through the tiny gaps in both ends of the party wall and proceeded to not just investigate my loft but next doors too - and very probably the rest of the terrace. I blocked up the gaps but if she manages to sneak up there now she will hide amongst all the accumulated crap that I have up there and refuses to come down for hours. And she doesn't eat spiders !!
Franko.
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk says...

Oddly I've never seen a cat skeleton in a loft. A fireman once pointed out to a neighbour who'd called them to get a cat down from a tree that arboreal cat skeletons are rarely observed.
--
Roland Butter :- There\'s nothing like a knob of butter.

says...

One of my neighbours had a loft conversion for his millions of kids, and his cat used to go out through the velux window and prowl the whole length of the terrace- about 8-10 houses.
Steve
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:56:45 GMT, Mike

Those great big hairy ones. It will be like Columbus discovering the new world!
EricP wrote:

Really? /me opens loft hatch again... and gets cheese and crackers out. The squashed pickle will be along... any... moment...