Knot bleed through paintwork?

Hi All,
Is the only answer to rub down to the bare wood, or is there anything that can be applied over the existing paint to stop the mark reappearing through new paintwork?
Cheers. Bill

You need knotting solution to apply before painting or staining. Have a look at:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 294&ts7408
Terry D.

If you don't want to rub down (AIUI knotting has to be applied to the bare wood), you could try Polycell's "Stain Stop". But ring them to check if it will work, cos the can doesn't mention knots. http://www.polycell.co.uk/products/polycell_stain_stop_aerosol.html
HTH
--
Martin
[ remove barrier to reply ]