Kitchen Worktop fitting requirements

I'm getting a fitter in to fit three worktops into U shaped kitchen.
On a previous kitchen the walls were slightly off 90 degrees and they are in this kitchen too by a minute amount.
This fitter has said that the units "must be at 90 degrees because of the jig".
My question is: Is he just trying to make his job as easy as possible or is there validity to his request?
Any help appreciated...
wrote in message

He is trying to make his job easier, get another fitter.

Set the worktops so they are square, touching the walls as much as possible.Scribe along the worktop keeping your pencil against the wall. However much the wall is out of square, this distance will then be transferred to the worktop. Plane down to the line. The worktop will then be square with the wall, ready for mitreing. The joiner should know how to do this.....If not, get a better one.
wrote in message

wrote in message

seeing a jig that could handle out of square - possibly Screwfix.

Did I dream the following?
Fitter measures the 'trueness' and adjusts the jig accordingly. Since our worthy housebuilders almost never create 90 degree angles I would assume most kitchen fitters 'play' with trueness constantly.

Depends on what type of joint you are having. If you are having a full mitre joint, then this can be cut out of square. If you are having the common masons mitre, then this also can be cut out of square.
ken
wrote in message

Just a thought....
If a 90deg setup will only produce a minute amount as you say. Will the thickness of any tiles cover this gap if it is only a few mm at the worst point?
Andy
The jig I have will cut a few degrees out and then the masons mitre will start opening. Then its down to a hand finish. The fitter should cope if he is an experienced worktop man. As far as the rear of the worktops are concerned, its far better to have the over hang right and plaser, pack the wall out for tiling, john ( surrey kitchen installation )