kitchen surface?

Someone made free with the carving knife on the ?formica surfaces before someone else had the bright idea of buying a chopping board. Is there anything that will fill the little cuts, or is it a write off?
thanks

I think a repair is unlikely. How about placing a proper chopping board or something similar over the damage ? Presumably that is still the right chopping area so as long as the new item would cover the damage it would be a far cheaper option. Something like this happened in my kitchen, I used a patterned glass chopping board, it was a while before Mrs P saw what I'd done :-)
Phian
Phian wrote:

Covering it up is prob. the only solution however if the cuts go through to the chipboard and water gets in the surface will swell up. A chopping board will end up see sawing.
Mike

Good point, I must admit that I had not thought of the problem being worse than mine where the scratches did not even need any kind of sealing. The glass chopping board I use has soft plastic feet so will not slip and could cope with a little irregularity in the surface but if the cuts go down into the chipboard then hygiene considerations would probably make replacement essential.
Phian