Installing a woodburner

Hi

At present our house is heated by a central heating system powered by a LPG boiler. This can also be used to heat the hot water tank.

We are planning a remodelling of the lounge and I have in mind to take the opportunity to install a woodburner with a built in backboiler. The room has a chimney already.

What would be involved in linking the backboiler into the existing system? Underfloor access isn't a problem.

I know this isn't exactly a DIY project [for me anyway!] but I'd be glad to hear if anyone has any experiences or pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cook

Based on my gas fire which has a gas-fired back boiler for hot water and central heating, my understanding is that you will need to connect the back boiler to the hot water tank by two pipes, one pipe to carry the heated water from the back boiler to the tank, central heating pump and radiators, and one to return the water from the tank and radiators to the back boiler for re-heating. In my case the hot water tank is upstairs, above and to the side of the chimney breast where the gas fire and boiler are situated, and the two pipes come out through the side of chimney breast then run upwards close to the chimney breast then through the ceiling.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist