Installing a DPC?

Hello, I need some advice on damp. My home was built in 1915 and has no DPC. I am now getting damp on the lower walls and around chimney breasts. I need some unbiased advice on curing this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Reply to
deBaser

My son has just bought a terraced house 1888 era. Had chemical treatment to mortar course, needed (EU regs) to strip back to brick 1 meter high. Professional job - drill out and inject. Re-plaster with special damp resistant plaster. Guarantee given for 20 years!

Need to consider whether any bridging of previous damp proof substrate. Heard of rubble at back of closed fireplace for example. Also outside

Colin

Reply to
cojack

Sounds intresting Colin, can you give me more details like company name please

Andy

Reply to
deBaser