IKEA Home Delivery

How do you sort out home delivery from an IKEA store? Do you still have to go hunting around the store for all the bits you need and take it to a central point, or can you just give a list of stuff to a store assistant, they will then get it, load it in a van and then deliver it for you?
Mitchum wrote:

Yes
Unfortunately not.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

I've just found these two websites which cover IKEA Thurrock and IKEA Bristol, which says they will collect the order for you, stick in a van, and then deliver it home (and one of them actually will put it together for you, for a price). Shame I couldn't find an equivalent place for IKEA Leeds!
http://www.timedelivery.co.uk/index.php?action=ik_showAbout
http://www.swedensimple.co.uk/
This seems like a good idea........might be worth checking them out.
its a great idea...........you select ikea products.they go and buy them for you and deliver
great idea
http://www.mikeear.com /
I have not tried them myself ....but I'm tempted..if you do please post feedback to the group
Barry

snipped-for-privacy@wootroe.com says...

What happens if there is a fault with the item? Presumably under this scheme, the customer pays the company who is collecting and delivering the goods? - which means that the customer's contract is with that company, and the company is thus liable for any problems under SOGA.
--
Hedgehog

and
you,
I've just bought a kitchen from Ikea in Leeds. The main items you have to order and pay for in the store and then they give you a ticket to collect your order from the warehouse. They don't let you get these for yourself, unlike smaller items like door knobs. They will also deliver but unless you are supremely confident that you know what you need I'd turn up in person talk it through and check through your order.
I think Ikea kitchens are OK and good value but it's taken me 3 trips so far to get all the bits I need and I'm not finished.
Be aware that internal shelves, legs, knobs, and doubtless several other bits I've not yet thought about have to be ordered separately. Some assistants are helpful enough to mention this. Also you will probably get ideas for other ways of doing the job if you go in to the shop.
We'd spent ages designing the layout on their free software, but even then we changed the wall cupboards after seeing their display.
Andy
Mitchum wrote:

If its a in Stock Kitchen, they will collect all the bits for you and deliver them
-- Remove spamtrap to reply.