Hot water temperature

Had gas engineer in this week and he had to replace hot water motorised valve.Before he left he said he had set thermostat at 55*C.I have always had this a good bit higher,nearer 70* I think.There are only two of us in house and the 55* seems ok for showers,dishwashing ,etc,so have I been wasting money?Is there an economical max temp.for H/W system??I would be interested to know what others think.

tab

Reply to
tab

I think 55°C is a "safe" hot temperature, so you're not likely to scald yourself and sue his employers. (Am I being too cynical?) I have a choice of hot water temps. Most of the time around 50-55°C from my gas fired CH system, and 60-65°C when I use the electric immersion heater for the more difficult kitchen cleaning jobs.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in message news:4496b580$0$9930$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

60 degrees will kill the Legionella bacteria. If you are worried about scalding then fit thermostatic mixer valves at your sinks etc

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for replies.I think I will leave it at 55* just now.I find it OK and wife has not complained, yet!!

Reply to
Tab