hole in the wll gas fires

Thinking of getting a hole in the wall gas fire dont know much about them. It is to fit into a chimney breast do I need a flue liner or do the gasses go straight up the chimney as with a normal gas fire, any good makes to think of buying and any makes to avoid. Anyone heard of a company called Faber it is a dutch company who supply fires and Blazes fireplace centres sell them. If I put a hole in the chimney breast to accomodate the fire will I need a lintel to support the remaining brick work. Thank you for any help.

Reply to
Jacquie G

We had one at the last house. Its the only thing I miss, so go for it, they are great. You can use the chimney breast for 'exhaust', (with no flue) you will need to get it smoke tested though. We had a chimney with a lot of downdraught and solved that by taking away the chimney pot and fitting an anti-downdraught cowl. You might want to get your chimney swept whilst it's open before fitting the fire. We were told that they use loads of gas, but I never noticed any gas bill difference, and my mrs. has the place warm enough to grow bananas.

Not sure about the lintel sorry.

Steve

Reply to
stevej