hole in the wll gas fires

Thinking of getting a hole in the wall gas fire dont know much about them. It is to fit into a chimney breast do I need a flue liner or do the gasses go straight up the chimney as with a normal gas fire, any good makes to think of buying and any makes to avoid. Anyone heard of a company called Faber it is a dutch company who supply fires and Blazes fireplace centres sell them. If I put a hole in the chimney breast to accomodate the fire will I need a lintel to support the remaining brick work. Thank you for any help.

We had one at the last house. Its the only thing I miss, so go for it, they are great. You can use the chimney breast for 'exhaust', (with no flue) you will need to get it smoke tested though. We had a chimney with a lot of downdraught and solved that by taking away the chimney pot and fitting an anti-downdraught cowl. You might want to get your chimney swept whilst it's open before fitting the fire. We were told that they use loads of gas, but I never noticed any gas bill difference, and my mrs. has the place warm enough to grow bananas.
Not sure about the lintel sorry.
Steve
If it was originally an open fire place then it has only been filled up. The original lintel will be in place. Or structureal archway if that was how it was built.

them.
gasses
centres
they