Help to find right gas connector please.

I have a gas hob which was supplied with an elbopw connector like this: http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID05647&query=zanussi%20zgf982
The threaded part on the right of that picture is 1/2"BSP but the end is flat and is meant to seal against a rubber washer.
The question is what type of connector is meant to screw onto that 1/2"BSP? It needs to connect to 15mm copper pipe.
I think it would have to be something like a tap connector (but that won't work). It's clearly not meant to be a compression fitting with an olive.
Any ideas?
Add pictures here
✖
clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in ---
Add pictures here
✖
Heliotrope Smith ( snipped-for-privacy@heliotrope.moc) wibbled on Wednesday 16 February 2011 18:06:

--
Tim Watts

Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 16, 4:35 pm, clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

When I was still working my CORGI inspector favoured a tap connector with the projection cut off flush and filed smooth to form a flat face and a CAF or equivalent flat washer used as a joint gasket. He explained that the flat face on the end of the supplied elbow and the flat face formed by the trimming operation basically made a pair of flanges held together by one nut rather than four or more bolts. The two faces compress the gasket to form a gas tight seal. Beats me why a manufacturer doesn't churn them out with every hob elbow.
Add pictures here
✖