Glazing Wardrobe doors

Hi,
Can anyone recommend an alternative material to glass for glazing wardrobe doors? I have two spans of 1400mm w x 2500mm h, and I am making 2 sliding doors for each span - my worry is that full blooded tempered glass will be too heavy (I'm aiming for 3 glazed panels in each dor), and each pair of doors will hang from a length of 4x2 (layed 4" horizontal).
Any tips welcome,
Aiden

' Toe and Heeling method ' whereby wedges are placed under the glass under bottom hinge side and over top handle side thus passing majority of weight down through hinge side
however if your doors are slideing then i would have thought that 4 X 2 has enough strength as long as the rail it is hanging off is adequate.
if u want more on this comeback