Gas Cooker won't heat up.

It's a Cannon Canterbury, quite old, the oven lights OK, but the flame doesn't always rise to full power. Sometimes it just stays down very low.
Any ideas much appreciated.
Al

Replace it, don't mess with gas.
Regards
Micky.

faulty thermocouple.

OK, I can see a do-hicky with a wire which sits in the flame this would be the FFD, whatever that is... I was guessing at a thermostat type problem, but can you explain how if it does, a FFD causes my problem.
Thanks
Al

The part you see that sits in the flame is could be either a thermocouple or a FFD (flame failure device). Remove it and take it to a spares place for a new one. A plumbers merchants may be able to get you one or direct you to someone who can.
Adam