Gas Cooker won't heat up.

It's a Cannon Canterbury, quite old, the oven lights OK, but the flame doesn't always rise to full power. Sometimes it just stays down very low.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Al

Reply to
Al

Hi Man

Replace it, don't mess with gas.

Regards

Micky.

Reply to
Sandy Savage

A blocked burner so that the flame is not heating the thermocouple or a faulty thermocouple.

Reply to
Darrel Griffin

It wont have a thermocouple, it has a FFD

Reply to
powerstation

OK, I can see a do-hicky with a wire which sits in the flame this would be the FFD, whatever that is... I was guessing at a thermostat type problem, but can you explain how if it does, a FFD causes my problem.

Thanks

Al

Reply to
Al

As long as the do-hicky is not the ignition wire.

Reply to
Darrel Griffin

The part you see that sits in the flame is could be either a thermocouple or a FFD (flame failure device). Remove it and take it to a spares place for a new one. A plumbers merchants may be able to get you one or direct you to someone who can.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth