Garage Wall crack

I have a crack in my concrete block garage wall .It starts where Brickie when building the wall 20 years ago fitted a vent in the line of second block from the top.The block above the vent was left without real support at one end and has dropped a bit and from that end of the vent aperture there is a zigzag crack down the wall to the floor.When I first noticed the crack appear I cut a brick to size and placed it in the aperture to support the dropped block and cemented up the crack.This seemed ok for some time but now I notice that the crack has opened again.

I hope I have been clear enough with my problem explanation and are there any suggestions on how to put things right.By the way the concrete floor is ok.

Reply to
allan

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:54:50 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "allan" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

The hole isn't the cause of the crack. It would simply be a 'weak point' in the wall (or rather, where the stresses are highest). If the crack continues to the floor, there is something wrong with the foundations.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Thanks Hugo

Reply to