Fridges and freezers-Efficiency

My wife is convinced that our 14 year old fridge and freezer are now inefficient and should be replaced Is there evidence to support this? I hate the modern trend of replacing everything with the latest. I believe that this is wasteful of the planets resources. Can anyone guide me on this please Blair
Read the recent thread here "Freezers In Sheds/Garages", particularly my first post and the replies to it.

===================================== Please always reply to news group as the email address in this post's header does not exist. Alternatively, use one of the contact addresses at:     http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html     http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
"bm" wrote:

Yes. SWMBO should provide the evidence, a cost-benefit analysis would do. Alternatively, if she wants to wear the trousers I am sure that a local shop will gladly supply a new fridge freezer in exchange for her credit card details, cheque or cash. And **** the planet.