Fridges and freezers-Efficiency

My wife is convinced that our 14 year old fridge and freezer are now inefficient and should be replaced Is there evidence to support this? I hate the modern trend of replacing everything with the latest. I believe that this is wasteful of the planets resources. Can anyone guide me on this please Blair

Reply to
bm

Please always reply to news group as the email address in this post's header does not exist. Alternatively, use one of the contact addresses at:

Java Jive

Yes. SWMBO should provide the evidence, a cost-benefit analysis would do. Alternatively, if she wants to wear the trousers I am sure that a local shop will gladly supply a new fridge freezer in exchange for her credit card details, cheque or cash. And **** the planet.

Reply to
DIY