fitting trv's to 10mm

Hi

Has anyone got any experience of fitting 15mm trv's on to 10mm pipes and a view on which methods are available/best ?

MTIA Steve

Reply to
stevej

In article , stevej writes

I haven't done this, but a reducing set should meet your needs:

, item 9037 near the bottom of the page.

Reply to
fred

OK, thanks, prolly best to get a reducer that comes with the TRV

Steve

Reply to
stevej

Not on 10mm but on 8mm microbore I've just finished replacing 3 radiators and fitted trv's on each using "Microbore" solder ring fitting reducers 15 x 8mm which I got from B&Q. They are manufactured by a company called IBP Ltd , Tipton, tel 0121 557 2831. They may do 15x10mm ones. The tail didn't look long enough as this group has already mentioned, but when the 8mm pipe was soldered in place there was just enough 15mm tail for the trv olive to grip. System now full and running, just all the blooming air to get rid off.....

regards,

David

Reply to
David

When I was fitting smallbore systems 30 years ago there used to be a very handy endfeed reducer where the 15mm end was about 40mm long, making it a doddle to fit a rad valve. A visit to your local trade counter would probably be of help. They are probably still out there... Cheers Gilbert

Reply to
Gilbert

When I changed my brother's locksield valves to TRVs I bought TRVs that took

10mm pipe and came with 8mm reducers.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth