Fensa

In the process of replacing a grotty and crumbling porch at the Giles' mansion - it was grotty and crumbling when we moved in a few years back but other jobs have been more pressing up till now.
At the entrance to the porch - which is more of a small verandah affair at the side of the house, between it and the garage - I intend to fit a hardwood door (not sure yet whether or not to fit a front-door or a half-glazed rear door type). It has just occurred to me that this door - perhaps even the whole porch - might come under these FENSA rules. Anyone got any advice/comments on this?

Im pretty sure Porch`s are exempt from FENSA, so long as a proper door is fitted to the actual house entrance itself & the porch is unheated.
Have a check on www.fensa.org.uk
Richard.
fullflow plumbing wrote:

with more knowledge than me - which means most people!! (he says with uncharacteristic modesty!).
Many thanks.

Off Topic. How's the new re roof job. Regards Keith
keith_765 wrote:

Hello Keith
He's had the job done now - cost him another 8500 (ouch!). Everything seems fine now. He did get GRP valleys (I think that's what they're called) - you're advice there was very helpful, as with the 'Roofshield' membrane. All-in-all his roof has cost him around 20,000, but he's quite happy and thinks that all will now be ok. Let's hope so! Thanks again
Giles