Electra 37663v Tumble Dryer

Hi all, I have the above dryer and recently the drum has stopped turning on it. It makes all the right noises so I'm assuming the belt has gone. My question is, how do I get to the belt? I've taken the top off and that's as far as I've got. I've taken out all of the screws round the side on the back but it wont seem to budge. I'm loathe to take out more screws in case I "screw" it up. Any suggestions welcome.

TIA

tyke

Reply to
tyke

With the top off, can you see the belt? Normally the belt wraps around the drum so if you can't see it then it's probably snapped and lying under the drum. I don't know the Electra but usually the back of the dryer has to be removed in order to get the new belt around the drum. This job is a bugger. Unplug from the electricity supply. With the dryer on it's front, the drum will be supported by the front bearing, allowing the retaining clip on the rear bearing to be removed, and the back lifted far enough up to reach in and place the new belt around the drum. The rear bearing should have a small cover over it. You will probably have to take the side panel off, the side nearest the motor and motor pulley and tension pulley, in order to run the belt correctly over the pulleys to achieve the correct tension. This job is also a bugger because you will not have seen the correct route before the belt snapped. Have you got half a day and loads of patience?

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply.

mmmmmm interesting, can't see the belt but the bit of the drum that I can see doesn't rotate, that bit must be under this outer drum cover. It sounds a bugger this job, I think I'll take a couple of panels off and have a look inside and if I don't fancy it it'll be going in to the shop.

tyke

Reply to
tyke