Drywall

I am about to put up some thermal laminate (ie, plasterboard with a thermal backing). I was going to bond it to the wall. Should I remove the liner paper that is on the wall first? It seems very well stuck to the wall and in no danger of peeling away.

dabs to ensure a goof key. A couple of mechanical fixings at the top of the boards wouldn't go amiss either.
Bob H